The roses are blooming at Castello di Montegiove right now and spreads strong perfumed scent all over the garden and park.
This jam actually manage to capture the perfume and colour of the roses, and when you open a jar during a rainy day it is just like summer again.
200 g Rose Petals (dark pink and strong perfumed)
Sugar 600 g
9 dl water
Lemon juice from one lemon (3 Tbsp. spoons)
4-5 Tbsp. Fruit Pectin powder (or as much you need to get the consistence your prefer)
1. Place water and roses in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add 400 g sugar and stir well.
3. Add lemon juice, stir well and bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Mix the rest of the sugar with the pectin powder and stir into the saucepan. Cook for another 20 minutes.
5. Fill the jam into clean sterilized jars, tighten the lit and let them cool completely upside down.
Delicious on a piece of toast, dribbled over icecream or stired into plain yogurt.